The Firing Line MKII fuzz is a pedal that calls upon the well known and revered Tone Bender MKII circuit of decades past. We updated the circuit for more flexibility and cut some of the overwhelming "woofiness" out of it to make is stand out in the mix better while improving note clarity. It used a trio of vintage N.O.S. low noise and close tolerance germanium transistors to deliver it's tone and it's wired negative ground so you can use it with all the usual power supplies. No more being limited to batteries or being forced to use a power adapter just for your fuzz. Plug the Firing Line MKII in with your Boss or Ibanez pedals and just about every other pedal with the same power supply. It's a true bypass pedal too.
The Firing Line MKII works best when placed first in your signal chain.
- Attack: Controls the amount of fuzz of the pedal.
- Level: Sets the amount of output volume of the pedal.
- Saturation: Also known as the transistor bias control. Allows adjustment from thick and woofy sounding to brighter and thinner tone.
- Made in Canada
- 1 year warranty
- Hand selected N.O.S. germanium transistors.
- True Bypass Switching
- Size: 11.2cm x 6cm (4 7/16" x 2 3/8")
- Industry standard 9V DC 2.1mm negative ground barrel plug.
- Daisy chainable with all standard negative ground power supplies.
- Use with an unregulated 9V DC power supply or any power supply exceeding 9V is not recommended.
- Current Consumption: 4mA
- Download Product Manual Here
Note: These videos were produced with a previous version of the Firing Line MKII when it was still a Maritime Analog product and before I migrated it to Butcher Pedals but the sound of the pedal is still the same.
David Fisher and Taylor Barefoot made this great video for us.>
Visit their YouTube channel for more videos.
Here is as awesome video made for us by JustNick.
"I never had the opportunity to play through a vintage Tonebender, but I received my "Firing Line" this morning, and I think I'm going to sleep with my guitar tonight : this is the kind of pedal that makes you play on and on and gives you new inspiration... What is really addictive is the way the fuzz reacts to your fingers, from subtle singing tones to killer sonic attacks... So there's no need to get broke : this magic little box makes you spare money on your next guitar - actually it makes your guitar sing like another one !"
-Francois from Paris